Aug29

See more of Keighley - Central Hall

See more of Keighley - Central Hall

Built in 1893, Central Hall is a former Methodist chapel. In 1948 it became a space for the community. During this time it was used for all kinds of activities from a women's drop-in centre to a place for dance events. Central Hall became a vital part of community life in Keighley.

When it was closed down in 2003 for health and safety reasons, it became clear just how important the building was to people in Keighley.

Since 2004, Keighley & Ilkley Voluntary and Community Action http://www.kivca.org.uk/vc/ has been working with Bradford Council and other partners to carry out a £1.74 million refurbishment and bring the building back to the heart of the community. Today Central Hall is a bright, spacious and contemporary building that retains much of its traditional character.

KIVCA and Keighley's Citizens’ Advice Bureau are now based at Central Hall, offering support and advice to people and organisations across the whole of the district.

For more information on the history of Central Hall and those who have used it look here: http://www.central-hall.com/central_history.html